Our practice has included various aspects of elder law.
- Guardianships for incapacitated persons.
- Planning to be eligible to receive Medicaid by reducing assets that are counted against the Medicaid asset limit.
- Planning to be eligible to receive Medicaid by reducing income that is counted against the Medicaid income limit.
- Special Needs Trusts:
- Medicaid eligible income trusts.
- Third party trusts
- Durable power of attorney.
8. Advance Directives, such as:
a) Designation of Health Care Surrogate;
b) Living Will
c) Designation of Pre-Need Guardian
d) Anatomical gifts
9. Wills and trusts to dispose of property at death in a way that it will not be subject to seizure as reimbursement for Medicaid payments made.
10. Life estate deeds and enhanced life estate deeds (i.e., Ladybird deeds).
11. Personal service contracts between care giver and person needing care.
12. Counseling and representation concerning undue influence.